Prior to 1839 the land was part of the territory of the Kaurna people and thereafter was developed by European settlers for vineyards, fruit growing and farming.
Water was plentiful from Fourth Creek that flows through the Conservation Park.
Stradbroke Primary School opened in 1963 with 308 children, the name “Stradbroke” being taken from the title of the grand home on the estate grounds.
Three years later Stradbroke Junior Primary School was established with 240 children.
R-7 enrolment peaked at 1200 students in the early seventies. In 2013 the junior primary and primary school amalgamated to become Stradbroke School. Year 7 moved to Secondary School in 2022. The current enrolment for Stradbroke School for R-6 is 690 students.
The following are images of the original Stradbroke House from the 1800’s and Stradbroke School as it appears today.
Our school has a close relationship with the University of SA, Magill Campus, in offering the modelling of best practice to trainee teachers and our school is recognised for providing quality programs and facilities for students.