- 8:30am – Staff member on duty. We ask that children arrive at school between 8:30am and 8:45am. Care is provided in Kids’ Zone from 7:00am to 8:30am if required.
- 8:40am – Children can enter buildings and classrooms are open.
- 8:48am – Music commences and this is the signal for children to move to their classrooms, ready to commence school at 8:50am.
- 8:50am – Lessons begin.
- 11:10am – Morning recess
- 11:30am – Lessons resume
- 12:50pm – Lunch. Children eat in classrooms with their teacher.
- 1:00pm – Play period begins
- 1:40pm – Lessons resume
- 3:10pm – Home time. Staff are on duty in the main yard areas and at the school crossing until 3.30pm.
Children must play on the asphalt areas before school, as playground equipment is out of bounds. After school, the yard area by Leabrook Building is for children in Kids Zone only. Parents/Caregivers may supervise their children on the playground equipment.
We expect the yard to be clear by 3.30pm except for children in Kids Zone or at supervised sport practice.
There are significant constraints on the ability and capacity of schools to provide supervision for students outside of school hours. This constraint exists for DfE schools statewide, and is not limited to Stradbroke School.
We take our duty of care to students very seriously, and are required to take reasonable steps to prevent the foreseeable harm that may arise for students who are not supervised by their parents prior to 8.30am.
Students who are unsupervised and on the school grounds before 8.30am will be taken to the Out of School Hours Care Program – Kids’ Zone and families will be sent an invoice.